The veteran marketing expert Rob Schuham personally invests a lot of time in boosting the big shot companies to act like small business organizations. He advises the owners and the employers to be creative, nimble and agile. He also asks them to be desperate enough to take risks and behave like a start up. As it’s already the second week of January, we all have made a new set of New Year resolutions to write down a marketing plan for our business but how many of us have actually started sticking to it? It is only when you get a marketing plan right, you can set a category within your head, says Schuham, CEO of Match Action. The big shot companies have their standard scale and hence they can follow the trial and error method for deducing innovating marketing strategies. But the small companies have to adopt some valuable and vital tactics.
Initially, a company owner has to invest a lot of money to make the organization stand at a standard point. During such a time, there are many owners who borrow money from institutions like SBA so that they can at least get access to immediate cash without having to bury their nascent business idea. Instead of later on taking resort to debt consolidation loans for repaying your initial loans, why not create the perfect marketing strategy so that you can double your sales and accelerate your profits? The list of marketing ideas follows below.
Marketing tips for your business firm – Key to generating more return
So, as we see the importance of marketing your business, here’s listed a few marketing ideas for your small business organization that can help you create the desired effect.
- Bring back life and experience to your brand: There were some major brands who had considered live events and sponsorships as a vital part of their marketing campaign. Although the pendulum now swings the other way currently, but soon there is a renaissance that’s going to take place and this practice is yet again coming back. Gaston Legorburu, the chief Creative Officer for an eminent advertising firm, is of the opinion that a well-executed and well-organized stunt or event can indeed a huge impression through the social media. It’s nowadays necessary for a business to compete in experiential marketing.
- Utilize real time marketing: Have you noticed how some of the blue-chip brands have provided innovative road maps here and there and how they’re running most of their ad campaigns through the newsrooms? With complete eye on pop culture, some of the big brands like Coca-Cola, Oreo and Google have started linking their messages with Olympics, news of the day and national holidays. As such approach doesn’t require tons of investment, there’s no such reason why the small business firms can’t do it. Utilize your creative team to release content out to the world.
- Offer original and compelling content: According to John Hantsch, who has worked for 25 years with small businesses, there needs to be real commitment on your part to create your own content for your online business website, just in the way in which several major brands have done for so long. If required, you can hire some professional and experienced journalists for content marketing so that you can use curation tools and make sense through it. Clearly tell your customers what they need to know.
- Embrace technology: It is needless the mention the boons of technology and how it has helped us move forward with every aspect of our lives. If you’re a small business owner looking forward to effective marketing of your business, use technology to analyze and collect data costs. Thanks to Kissmetrics and Google Analytics that small business firms have now become more sophisticated in automation of their market. As the smallest business is now having access to technology, don’t lag behind.
- Build marketing campaigns: Deduce the type of business that you’re running at present so that you can build marketing campaigns as well as marketing communities in the different social media channels. As the social media has become a norm of our life, don’t miss to embrace the benefits of the social media channels. Build communities and interact with other businesses that fall within your community. Stay in touch and involve yourself in their activities so that you get their response as well. This way, you can spread your message through your own communities.
The voice of your brand has the tone of aspiration, inclusion and hope, thereby leaving a consistent mark on every marketing media. Follow the vital marketing ideas mentioned above so that you can create the desired impact within the industry. The better your marketing campaign is, the more will be the conversion rates.